Data Protection Notice – Please Read Carefully
It is important that you know exactly what we do with your personal data.This document outlines our approach to data privacy to meet our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. To comply with this law, your personal data must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully.
For the purposes of gathering your personal data to:
- Manage customer accounts
- Advise you of Platinum & Diamond Nutrition competitions, events, promotions, news, nutrition and sales (if you so consent)
- Invite you to participate in customer surveys (if you so consent)
The Data Collector is:
Platinum & Diamond Nutrition, Century Buildings, Upper Abbeygate Street, Galway.
If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments in relation to your personal data, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- Processing your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes.
To provide our products to you and fulfil our contract:
- To set-up, manage and administer your customer account
- To process payments made by you to us
- To get in touch with you (by phone, e-mail, text, post, fax, social media)
- To recover debts, you may owe us
To manage our business for our legitimate interests:
- To engage the services of a debt collection service to recover debts, you may owe us
To conduct marketing activities (where we have obtained your consent):
- To advise you of competitions, events, promotions, news, nutrition and sales
- To invite you to participate in customer surveys
To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations:
- To comply with your information rights
- To maintain records to comply with Audit and Revenue Commissioner requirements
- Your Personal Data
Name, address, phone numbers, e-mail address, fax number, unique ID code (to allow us to process your orders and payments).
Bank details, company registration number, VAT number and credit insurance recommendation (including credit limit required).
Please note that we will obtain your explicit formal authorisation (via e-mail or phone) before we process any payment for goods ordered by you.
- Sharing your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to other third parties (including service providers), as follows:
- Members and subsidiaries of Platinum & Diamond Nutrition
- Companies providing delivery and warehousing services to allow us to despatch your orders to you
- Companies allowing us to process your payments
- Companies supporting our website and working with us on direct marketing activities
- Companies providing debt collection services to us, where needed
- Statutory and Regulatory bodies (such as, the Revenue Commissioners)
- Companies providing auditing services to us in compliance with our legal obligations.
- Processing your Personal Data outside the EEA
Where data is shared with a third party, this may involve transferring your personal data to other countries (inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA)). To the extent that we do share your personal data with a third party, we would only do so if that party has agreed
- To act solely on our instructions
- To comply with the terms of our Privacy Statement and this Data Protection Notice.
By providing any personal data to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to such use and transfers as set out in this Data protection Notice.
- Storing your Personal Data
We do not collect or keep your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. Specifically, we have adopted the follow Data Retention Periods for holding your personal data:
|Personal Data||Retention Period||Criteria|
|Sales Invoices||6 years plus current year of trading||To comply with Revenue Commissioners’ Audit requirements|
|New Account Application Forms||Trading period plus 2 years (from last order date)||To fulfil contract to which you are a party|
|Contact Information / Financial Details / Online Activity||Trading period plus 2 years (from last order date)||To fulfil contract to which you are a party|
- Your rights
- Right to be informed about whether we process your personal data
- Right of access to your personal data
- Right to rectification by us of your personal data where inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erasure of your personal data (including withdrawal of consent)
- Right to restrict processing of your personal data
- Right to data portability – obtain and reuse your personal data for own purposes across different services
- Right to object to direct marketing
Where we process your data solely on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
You may exercise your rights by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are obliged to respond within one calendar month. If we are unable to respond to your request fully within one calendar month (due to the complexity or number of requests), we may extend this period by a further two calendar months. Should this be necessary, we will explain the reason why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) at any time.
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Phone: +353 (0761) 104 800
LoCall: 1890 25 22 31
- Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may update this Data Protection Notice from time to time and will communicate such changes to you.